Paper size chart
Other useful common sizes:
- DL (dimension lengthwise) – 99mm x 210mm
- Business cards – 85mm x 55mm
Here are some common print terms and references you’ll see us use:
- Cut marks
Common types of files:
Scanning & Scaling
If you have an old document, such as a family one that you want to preserve for future generations, Advantage’s scanning and scaling service is the answer. Get it scanned and just use the latest copy, so that the original is preserved. We can print it, store it onto an external device, or send it via email – whichever method you prefer.
- Scanning up and down in sizes ranging from A6-A0 available.
- Available in black and white or colour.
- Can be saved electronically as a PDF, TIFF or JPEG.
Sometimes known as wiro or wire binding, this is a popular and cost effective print and binding method. Documents are bound like a notebook with a wire insert threaded through small holes punched in the document margin. Spiral binding allows your document to lie completely flat when open, making it particularly ideal for cookbooks or instruction manuals.
- Covers printed in colour or black and white on 250gsm card.
- Back cover inserted as plain white or coloured 350gsm card.
- Clear or frosted acetate outer covers available for the front and back.
- Pages available in colour or black and white, and single or double-sided.
- Tabs separating sections/chapters can be inserted and printed with customised text.